The East Atlanta Foundation, Inc., (“EAF”) is a Georgia Not-For-Profit corporation which has obtained IRS 501(c)(3) status. EAF is a totally volunteer-powered organization in that no person obtains any financial benefit from it, other than vendors from whom items such as Tents and Fencing or services such as Security or Emergency Medical Services.
EAF was created in order to fulfill two primary goals. First, to raise awareness of the East Atlanta neighborhood with the larger metropolitan Atlanta area. Second, to generate funds to be given as grants to worthy local groups engaged in projects that benefit the East Atlanta neighborhood.
The East Atlanta Foundation supports a variety of local organizations and initiatives and has given out over half a million dollars in grants.
Proceeds from the festival have be granted to the following:
- BATL – Battle of Atlanta Commemoration Org, Inc.
- Branan Towers Retirement Community
- Burgess-Peterson Academy
- East Atlanta Business Association
- East Atlanta Community Association (“EACA”)
- East Atlanta Kids Club
- East Atlanta Farmer’s Market
- East Lake YMCA
- FitWit Foundation
- Friends of East Atlanta Library
- Historic Sylvester Cemetery
- Journey Performing Arts Center/Dance 411 Foundation
- Martha Brown United Methodist Church
- Neighbor in Need Initiative of EACA- Repairs houses of East Atlanta residents who cannot afford to make repairs on their own.
- Recycle EAV
- SOPO Bicycle Coop